Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In Search of ... Ice

Typing is a little difficult tonight. I hurt my wrist playing hockey late this afternoon. Must be getting soft in my old age. Seemed like a pretty innocent play, but then they always do. Like the time I dislocated my shoulder in my teens, again on the ice. Don’t dislocate your shoulder. It’s not much fun. The wrist injury is far more bearable!

I almost bailed on hockey at the last moment, but talked myself into going. I had committed to be there. If there aren’t enough players, it’s not much fun for anyone involved.

And I have been trying to re-commit to taking some ‘me’ time. Stephen Covey refers to it as “sharpening the saw”, and also maintaining your “production capacity” (PC), not simply always focusing on “production” (P). I have blogged on this previously.

As I continue to adjust to an entrepreneur’s life, I continue to seek that balance. It’s very easy to work all of the time. Days start early, and they end late. There’s always more to do. But I have also found myself must completely worn out on a few occasions. No doubt my effectiveness was very low in the days that preceded my becoming completely worn out.

It would be best to find that balance, to get into a groove of working just as much as I possibly can, without becoming worn out, and while maintaining a consistent and high level of productivity and effectiveness.

But then, it’s a little like the fountain of youth. Aren’t we all searching for this sense called ‘balance’.

So, in the end, I went to RIM Park and laced up the blades, and hurt my wrist. And yes, of course, the other players in the dressing room are all potential investors, and potential members, of Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo! Another reason why I went, and will attempt to continue.

I was going to blog about my investor search tonight, but have digressed. Perhaps tomorrow night. Off to find some ice …

No comments: