Monday, March 26, 2007

What Are You Attracting?

Over the weekend, and into today, we finalized and then submitted an offer to lease space within a building in Kitchener, ON. As the offer has not yet been accepted, I can’t really get into details. We’re getting close, but of course, the deal may still fall through.

I’ve also spent many hours working on our website. The franchisor provides a solid template, but the local franchise owner must do the updates. I’m not convinced this is the best use of my time, but when something must be done and you’re a one-man show …

We’ve also finally set up a business phone line. Apparently it’s virtual. We can direct it to ring at any land or cellular line, which is very convenient. And we can also take it with us and make it a permanent land line when we open our site.

On Sunday afternoon I attended a hockey challenge organized by the local Toyota manufacturing facility. A team from Japan was in town to play against a local team. I believe the players were around 14 years old. The Japanese players were exceptionally fast and very gifted.

The entire experience took me back to a time when I was 14 or 15, and a touring European team came to our little town to play an exhibition game. The stands were full and there were lots of dignitaries, speeches and quite a ceremony. Not bad for our tiny little town. Unfortunately, our teams were not evenly matched. I think we won by about 10 goals. By the third period we were passing the puck to them.

The game on Sunday was much more evenly matched and very entertaining. Kudos to all involved!

I watched The Secret again over the weekend and was reminded of the assertion that everything in our lives today, we have attracted, via our thoughts, feelings and emotions. This is a powerful, empowering concept. I urge you to consider it, and watch The Secret yourself, soon and often!

No comments: