Friday, March 16, 2007

Busy Time

I’m a little behind. Quite a bit of email has piled up in the last few days, all of which requires a reply of some sort. Sunday will be a day of catch up.

Today was quite diverse. It began with a refreshing workout at 6:30am. Meetings included a web property/content development firm – they say they “aggregate web traffic.” I am considering dedicating a small percentage of my time to golf-oriented writing. This firm may provide a means for me to publish on the web. My goal is to raise my profile in the local golfing community.

I also met with Parmasters HQ to dig deeper into lease details. Negotiations continue. They’re moving along very well. The pace is appropriate.

I also sat down with a couple of bankers to discuss our debt financing needs. I simply wanted to ensure that our ratios were correct, that we had a very good chance of securing the necessary funds, and also to identify what hurdles we would have to cross to make our banker more comfortable. The two gentlemen I met with were very helpful. They expressed interest in our debt, which is more than I expected.

This evening I took my eldest son to hockey practice. Unfortunately there was an on-ice incident between two players, which then became an off-ice incident between one father and the coaches. Nothing too serious, but quite upsetting for many involved.

Saturday will be a full day. Once again this year I’ve volunteered to be an assistant coach on my son’s ball hockey team. As such, I must attend a coach’s clinic starting at 7:30am. It ends at noon, at which time we’ll be heading to Cobourg for a funeral. I also have a Spectradigital board meeting, to which I’ll be dialed in. They’ll call me in the car – hands free phone! – at 1:00pm. From Cobourg we’ll head to Oshawa or Uxbridge for supper with my parents. We haven’t seen them since Christmas.

Sunday I’ll be catching up on email, pouring over more lease details, updating web pages, hopefully meeting with Val Kalnins who runs Parmasters Northern Ontario, and tidying up a few sundry tasks.

No comments: