Monday, September 18, 2006

Personal Financial Information

Long day today and big day tomorrow.

During my run this morning my legs reminded me that we had enjoyed a good hike in the woods on Saturday, and that I had golfed on Sunday. I generally walk and carry my clubs. I enjoy the little bit of exercise provided, and it’s easier to manage everything in the rain, when necessary.

This evening I had a Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation meeting, and then dinner with a prospective – or should I say “future” – investor. He had a lot of insightful questions.

As I go through this process, more and more “future” investors share with me some significant and personal details about their financial situations. I don’t ask for this information. They offer it. I generally try to interject, but they generally continue to reveal. I find this very humbling, and take it as a great compliment. Clearly these individuals trust and respect me enough to share with me some very sensitive information.

My boys asked me the other night, if a specific friend – they used his name – was going to invest. I tried to explain why I couldn’t give them that information. Not sure they fully understood. Likely more questions will follow.

The “big day” tomorrow involves site visits. We’ll be visiting approximately 11 different buildings/properties. The franchisor will be in town. As well as the international commercial agent that Parmasters has retained. More preparation tonight …

No comments: