Monday, September 04, 2006

On The Tee

Golf provides an amazing opportunity to learn about yourself, and others. The challenges, triumphs and short-comings within a game of golf parallel the ebb and flow of the lives we lead. This is one of the many reasons why I enjoy the game.

Hello blogosphere. My name is Stephen H. Southern. The "H" stands for Henry, my paternal grandfather's name. While I generally type Stephen, "Steve" works just as well.

This post represents my first little foray into the world of blogs and bloggers. I'm not sure where it will take me, but I'm definitely looking forward to the journey.

My profile tells you a little about me. Much more will follow post by post.

This blog will encapsulate my musings as my wife and I launch our first Parmasters Golf Training Center in beautiful Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The work and challenges that lie ahead seem daunting at times, but always inspiring. The Parmaster's slogan is "Better Golf. More Fun. Guaranteed." That is why we are entering this business. To bring to the current and future golfers of Kitchener-Waterloo, better golf, and more fun. And yes, we offer a guarantee. But, more about the business later.

I guess, to round out this first post - and not all posts will be this long or rambling - I think it's likely a good idea to touch upon a few rules I intend to follow.

- You will not learn much about my future day-to-day plans, or my family. The reasons for this are obvious.
- I will be as open and honest as possible, and truly do look forward to a dialogue with others in this blogosphere.
- This blog will NOT be an ongoing commercial/advertisement for the Parmasters Center. (And I will use Canadian/British spellings as much as possible, but Parmasters spells centre using the American form, and I must stay true to my franchisor.)
- This blog will focus on my experiences as we build and operate the “Center”. I will touch upon business, entrepreneurship, franchising, my other business ventures, my volunteer activities, golf and life in general.
- I will endeavour to use spell and grammar checks, but can ill afford the time to painstakingly proof-read and edit my writings. This blog will be, from time to time, a little rough around the edges.

And so, there we have it. I am now a “blogger”. Hello blogosphere!

No comments: