Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Excellence and Site Selection

I hope to build an “editorial calendar”, of sorts, for my blog. There’s so much to blog about, it’s often difficult to decide what to type.

Based on our site selection activities of Tuesday, we will broaden our search to include areas that were not originally our focus. I look forward to learning more about the market for leased space. We’re looking for 15,000 sq. ft., which is a very large space, and thus not easy to find in the area. Vacancy rates are quite low.

However, of course, we will continue to look until we find the ideal site. Location is not an area of compromise (pun intended).

Today began with some weights and a run. I’ve added another 10 lbs to my bench, which is nice, and rather unexpected. During my run a car tried to occupy the same physical space that I was already occupying. One must be careful in the morning. It seems a few drivers get behind the wheel before they’re fully awake. And admittedly, I’ve likely done the same. This fellow swerved at the last moment, as I quickly jumped out of the way, and then he continued on through a stop sign. Apparently it was one of those new “stop if you want to” signs.

Short week this week. Heading out of town on Friday morning for two days of golf. Of course, the golfers are all prospective investors, so it’s also a business trip. This means, of course, that Thursday and Sunday will be very long days. Time to go prepare …

A little inspiration:
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical; and expecting more than others think is possible. -unknown

May you have an “excellent” day / week / month / year / life!

No comments: