Monday, September 11, 2006

Canadian Open and Execution

It was nice to see this year’s Canadian Open Champion, Jim Furyk, immediately promise to come back next summer to defend his title. Of course, most Canadians, especially those producing the televised broadcast of the event, were pulling for some of the better known Canadians in the field. Tough week for Mr. Weir and Mr. Ames, but a great showing by some local (to the Kitchener-Waterloo area) players.

I turned down a free ticket to watch Friday’s round, along with a ride there and back, to work. Such is the life of an entrepreneur, whether in the golf business, or any other.

My main focus these days is capitalizing Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo, the first site to be built in “Southern” Ontario. I spend much of most days talking to prospective investors. They have lots of questions. They have lots of great ideas also. I always find these conversations enjoyable – because I can talk about the business for hours and hours – and often surprising.

I can’t share much about the efforts to capitalize in this venue. My lawyers will be all over me. Suffice it so say that it’s going very well.

Those that do invest are investing in me, predominantly. That’s the case with any new venture. Ideas are a dime a dozen. It’s execution that creates value. And execution comes down to the entrepreneur. The individual. It’s both humbling, and inspiring, to have so many individuals willing and eager, to invest in me, and my ability to execute.

Now, must get back to executing …

No comments: