Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remembrance and Thankfulness

Today, Remembrance Day, above all other days, is a time to remember, and be thankful. So many young men and women made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy the very freedoms that we generally take for granted today. And whether you agree or disagree with the current missions of the Canadian military abroad, you cannot deny the fact that our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, are putting themselves in harms way, and doing so for our greater good. I pray that they return home safely.

Thankfulness, gratitude, can also be a very powerful exercise. I find it helps with focus, mission, determination and energy. You simply sit down, with pen and paper, or a more electronic means, and list all of the things for which you are thankful. After a while you simply continue to add to an ongoing list.

Today, I note, that I am very thankful for:
- My family and friends, and their ongoing and unwavering support.
- My youngest son scored perfect on a spelling test this week.
- He also received an A on a math test and a B+ on a science project that occupied most of last weekend.
- My eldest son had an assist in his hockey game last night.
- He played great, they recorded their first victory, and it was against a former coach of his. Fun!
- I had a fantastic workout and run this morning. I’ve discovered a new, brutally difficult chest routine. Enjoying the burn.
- The Secret has been passed on. We purchased a copy and passed in on to friends, urging them to do the same. So The Secret will travel from friend to friend, and who knows what may come of it.
- Another friend wants to borrow our copy of The Secret. Great!
- I had a great time with SlipStream friends on Thursday evening.
- I have a Spectradigital board meeting today. Spectradigital has fantastic technology and will have a very positive impact on millions of lives!
- Also meeting an investor today, and collecting another cheque!
- A local hockey team stopped by this morning to pick up empty bottles to raise money for their team. Win-win!
- I’ve added several new contacts to my network this week, and all are very influential and well connected.
- I’m very thankful that Parmasters has come into our lives. We’re having a lot of fun, and will generate a lot of benefits of all kinds for members, customers, employees, investors and our family.
- We live in a world of abundance. There is more than enough of everything for all. For that I am very thankful.
- I also realize there is much work to be done to ensure some that do not currently enjoy the abundance of this world start enjoying it soon. I’m thankful that there are ways that I can and do help.

Remember! And be thankful everyday!

No comments: