Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New Competitor Opens in Waterloo

Another full day will soon draw to a close. It started with a nice workout, although my wrist seemed more aggravated again. And I did head out for a run this morning. I had meetings at both Kitchener and Cambridge City Hall’s, and squeezed in a haircut, a lunch and many phone calls in between. I stayed in Cambridge for a meeting late in the day, and so spent an hour working out of my “mobile office” (aka truck).

After that final meeting in Cambridge I was off to Waterloo to attend, as a VIP, the grand opening of a new competitor in the indoor golf market. I won’t provide their name here, as I assume they have Google Alerts or some other similar mechanism set up.

I provided my name to them, but they didn’t seem to recognize me. I’m not sure why. There are only three large competitors for them to keep an eye on: Bogart Golf, Golftec and Parmasters. And my name is strewn throughout the Parmasters site, noting clearly that I am the franchisor for southern Ontario. I was surprised when my name was not recognized.

They’re located on Northfield Drive East, in Waterloo, close to The Keg, for those that wish to visit them.

I’m not going to go into any big competitive breakdown here and now. Suffice it to say, I truly do wish them well.

On a completely different topic, here are two of my favourite quotes.

“To a large degree, the world around you is a mirror of that which is within you. You see what you look for. People treat you as you expect to be treated. The things you experience come from the actions you take. With your thoughts and actions you can make it what you want it to be.” -Ralph Marston

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.”
-The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam - Edward Fitzgerald - 11th century

Time for some reading, and a little sleep …

No comments: