Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Progress On Many Fronts

Another busy day in the life of Parmasters Waterloo Region.

Three things of note:
- capitalization of the company is going very well
- site selection is taking more and more time, but it’s an awful lot of fun, very interesting, and going very well
- I’m taking my message to Bay Street (the one in Toronto)

Today was a fantastic day for the capitalization efforts. My network expanded substantially. I communicated the vision very effectively (based on the responses I received). And several potential investors are now closer to signing on, much closer than they were when my feet first hit the floor this morning!

As for site selection, I thought it would be a process of viewing a few buildings, picking the best one, perhaps seeing a few new sites become available over the course of our efforts and viewing some of those, and then making a decision. It’s a little different than that. We’re now ‘working’ close to ten potential sites. We’re involved in meeting with developers, meeting with landlords that may shuffle some tenants around their portfolio, investigating who’s about to put a shovel in the ground on a particular lot, and considering alternative structures (more details to follow). It’s fascinating and going very well, but also time consuming.

And lastly, I’m off to Bay Street on Thursday, spreading the Parmasters message. I wonder how far one could hit a golf ball, a driver, straight down Bay Street. Best to do so when it’s relatively empty, I suppose. Fewer obstructions. But, I digress. I’m meeting with an investor candidate, and a connector. And perhaps he’s reading thing blog. I’ve had many meetings on Bay Street, but didn’t anticipate the capitalization of Parmasters Waterloo Region taking me to arguably the financial capital of Canada. I look forward to the discussions …

With that, and since I’m still lacking RnR, I’m off to read for a few minutes before bed. Lots to do tomorrow …

No comments: