Thursday, February 15, 2007

Book Launch

A friend, Tony Badea, is having a book launch and signing at Chapters (the Gateway Drive location). I wish him well.

The event takes place this coming Saturday, February 17, between 2:00 and 4:00pm. I invited Tony to blog here. His first book is titled “Driving Fore Sales Success.”

I was very productive today. I’ve been falling behind, but feel much better about things as I type this evening. I’ll likely work most of the weekend, and will then be back on top of things.

Next week I speak at a local high school. This has been organized by the Speaker’s Bureau operated by The Business & Education Partnership of Waterloo Region (BEP).

Basically, volunteers sign up to be part of the Bureau, and thus periodically venture out to a local school to speak to a group of students about career choices and related topics. The BEP operates an online, searchable, anonymous database of speakers. Teachers can search this database and select speakers that will benefit their students.

Typically a speaker will be called upon once or twice per year.

I’m looking forward to meeting the students, but must also prepare. Something else to do this weekend. I went into one engagement, several years ago, at a Kitchener high school, and attempted to “wing it.” The results were disappointing. I felt I let the students down. That won’t happen again.

No comments: