Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Things You Look At Change

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” -Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist

Ponder that.

No really, I urge you to stop reading and simply ponder the quote above. There are few words that I would consider more powerful.


Now, assuming you’ve pondered, and you GET IT, and you’re now reading on … I’ll continue …

I heard this relayed by Dr. Wayne Dyer during a lecture I viewed via PBS. As Dr. Dyer relayed the story, Max Planck was referring to some of the smallest known (perhaps THE smallest known, I’m no quantum physicist, at least not yet) elements (perhaps the wrong word) of matter. If you drill down from cells to molecules, to atoms, to protons, neutrons and electrons, and then eventually to quarks, and as you study matter at the sub-atomic level … yes, apparently, when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

The implications for every man, woman and child are astronomical. The implications for every business, for every community group, for every government, are astronomical.

I spoke, the other night, to my boys about asking powerful questions. I believe I may have blogged recently about this. If you ask a group to improve a process by 10%, they will come back with ideas to improve by 10%. If you ask the same group to improve by 90%, they will come back with ideas to improve by 90%. Powerful questions. Change the way you look at things.

On the Parmasters Waterloo Region front …

While we’re slowing down for the Christmas season, there are a lot of great things happening. We are preparing offers to lease for two separate buildings. We’re also strongly considering a third. And we may yet end up simply buying a building.

We’ve also had many recent successes related to financing.

I’ve started thinking about future sites also. London. Windsor. Elsewhere. The plan has always been to build a new site every 1.5 to 2 years. We’re starting to analyze a faster, more aggressive schedule.

No comments: