Monday, June 29, 2009

Seven Years Removed

On this mostly sunny Monday morning, I find myself quite energized for the week that lies ahead. I slept a little better this past weekend, something that has been a challenge of late; and also enjoyed a good workout as well as a nice long run Saturday night. To cap it all off, I had a wonderful time with my children and also cleared up several nagging tasks that had been hanging over my head.

All of which leaves me feeling productive and re-energized for this week. It’s a good feeling for any morning, but especially a Monday.

As a 43-year old father of two, the news of the sudden death of two 50-year old men these past few days has hit rather close to home. If you have access to ANY media whatsoever, you’re more than familiar with all of the news surrounding the sudden and shocking passing of Michael Jackson. But yesterday word was also released that infomercial pitchman Billy Mays died suddenly. Both were 50.

It’s time to get back to work. But also soon time to get back to having more fun also. Life is short. The point is to experience joy every day.

“There is one thing we can do, and the happiest people are those who can do it to the limit of their ability. We can be completely present. We can be all here. We can ... give all our attention to the opportunity before us.” -Mark Van Doren

No comments: