Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Success Unexpected

I came across another wonderful quote from Henry David Thoreau the other day. (Thank you to a friend and colleague whom attended a local seminar and retrieved some materials for me.)

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavours to live the life which his is imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” –Henry David Thoreau (from Walden: Or, Life in the Woods)

I’ve just added this quote to the list of similar truths I keep handy in my Blackberry. It occurs to me, as I add yet another Thoreau quote to my knowledge, that I really should read his book Walden: Or, Life in the Woods. Perhaps I’ll do so next month.

I’m currently enjoying Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now. It’s revealing and enlightening, and yet so very obvious as well. Just like the Thoreau quote above.

I’ve been busy lately, with little time to blog, and to pursue many other activities. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, it’s a huge week in golf, with The Open Championship kicking off tomorrow. Time will tell if Padraig Harrington can do it yet again.

And, incredibly, Mike Weir and many other players will be back in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) on Monday afternoon to partake in the inaugural Mike Weir Charity Classic (that kicks off the Canadian Open week). I think we should all tip a hat to the many players that will spend part of Sunday night flying back to Canada to support Mike Weir and his foundation. (“The Mike Weir Foundation is dedicated to advancing the physical, emotional and educational welfare of children.” –From the Canadian Open website.)

For now, back to work and some future “success unexpected”.

No comments: