Saturday, June 27, 2009

Employment Gains and Losses Displayed Graphically

It’s been another busy and productive week as the local MITACS business development manager. I met with many faculty and companies interested in the MITACS ACCELERATE Program.

I have decided to add more links to the right side of this blog, links related to MITACS and the ACCELERATE Program.

This is my first weekend in a long time with no ball hockey coaching duties. I must admit that I’ll miss the team and the excitement. The entire experience was both very taxing and very rewarding. Two of the players thanked me for being "the best coach ever!" That was nice to hear! My son is already asking if I’ll be coaching next year. I want to say yes, but realize a lot of water will travel beneath the proverbial bridge between now and next March/April.

I wanted to share this graphic display of employment gains and losses. Unfortunately it only covers the U.S.A. But, at the same time, it’s so visual, so telling, and such a solid history lesson. Be sure to watch in particular for Hurricane Katrina’s 2005 impact in Louisiana and the comings and goings of employment in Detroit (the auto sector). You can find this display here.

I also wanted to share this interesting National Post article from early May. This was only recently brought to my attention, noting the top 25 most influential figures in Canadian golf! You can find the article here.

For now back at it. I’m wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

No comments: