Thursday, June 18, 2009

Busy Week

It was a busy and informative day at the McMaster Innovation Showcase today. Hopefully tomorrow will be equally productive.

The Showcase includes a poster session, with some 40 or so research interests explained in great detail. Participants are voting with “McMaster money” – pretend investment funds. I’m sure many participants are “investing” based on quite varied criteria.

I approached it as an investor and decided upon a short list of five or six posters/companies/teams/concepts with whom I’d be interested in meeting. I look forward to the outcome sometime Friday afternoon.

I also managed to stay on top of most email and voice mail today, and proactively follow up with several contacts. Of course, I remain buried under a mountain of backlogged email and follows, but progress was made today.

This evening I met with our bookkeeper – for Parmasters and other business interests. We’ve been a little disconnected lately, so it was good to reaffirm the processes and systems we use to keep the books all in top shape.

In addition to the Showcase tomorrow, I have several meetings in the Hamilton area. Fortunately most are on-site at the Showcase. But not all.

And Friday evening I’ll continue to prepare for our ball hockey team’s final playoff push. We play on Saturday, against a tough team. After that, it all depends on the standings. The team has come so far, so quickly. I’m very proud of them and confident they’ll succeed at anything they collectively put their minds towards.

No comments: