Saturday, June 13, 2009

Change the Way You Look at Things

It’s been another long and crazy week, ending with a short and crazy weekend. I attended quite a few meetings this past week, although most were scheduled calls or conference calls, which was nice.

This weekend is booked pretty solid from start to finish. I coached our ball hockey team last night, and the boys played a solid game, leading to a fantastic 2-1 victory. We took team photos before the game and were thus rushed to get out on the floor and get going. This left little time to get the team organized, put strategy in place, etc. I used a few time-outs to keep us on track.

I’m really enjoying my business development role with MITACS. I’ve been in many different sales/business development roles for many years. But this is the first where the product we sell is, essentially, money. I will have to type much more about exactly what MITACS does, and what I do to help facilitate the bigger picture.

You can learn more at www.mitacs.ca.

For now I best get back to that fully booked weekend. We have another ball hockey game this afternoon. My eldest son is also trying out for the Ontario rugby team. Very cool!

I’ll be hanging out with both of my boys on Sunday, in all likelihood.

Sunday evening I head to Toronto for three days of meetings and training with my fellow MITACS business development managers from across Canada. I’m looking forward to learning far more than I currently know about MITACS and the great work we do. That will be followed by two days at a conference in Hamilton, Thursday and Friday.

I’ll sign off with one of my favourite quotes:
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” -Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist

No comments: