Thursday, February 21, 2008

Job Shadowing

My eldest son was job-shadowing me today. It’s part of a school program whereby a student “shadows” an adult throughout a workday. We started this morning in the office and then spent the rest of the day travelling between various meetings. It was fun having him tag along.

Later in the afternoon I asked him to start building a database for the business. He could glean all of the required information from local websites, and got off to a good start on the task today.

I had also asked him to type a few words to contribute to this blog entry, but he has yet to do so. Perhaps tomorrow.

The other day, while working away in a coffee shop between meetings, I overheard two local golfers talking about the game they, and I, love. The timing seemed right, so I walked up to them, handed them my card, and explained that Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo will open this summer. They laughed at the coincidence and then quickly started asking quite a few questions.

Since it’s coming to midnight, it’s about time to pack it in for the night. Just three more “work” days in this week, and lots to do, so must get some rest!

No comments: