Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Manipulating Time

It’s a bit of a late night tonight. We did the first of our stakeholder presentations this (Tuesday) evening. It went very well. The point is simply to convey a lot of information in a short period of time, and to do so effectively, such that people actually understand our business. We want people, simply, to “get it.”

Our presenter, Colin Christensen of Parmasters Alberta, did a fantastic job. We’re very pleased. Of course, as the owner and President of Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo, I interjected periodically. But, for the most part, Colin ran with it.

We’re doing another presentation tomorrow, in about seven hours. I guess I should wrap up this post and get some sleep.

I believe there’s some way for me to manipulate the time stamp on each blog entry. So, I could post an entry at 8:00am, for example, and manipulate the time to say 6:00am, or whatever I like.

I’ve wondered why that feature exists. Why would a blogger do so?

Many of you may think I’m crazy to be blogging at this late hour. And yes, it actually is just after 1:00am on Wednesday morning. I have not manipulated the time. Others may be impressed by the dedication and long work hours.

Regardless, it is what it is. This, sometimes, is the life of an entrepreneur. Earlier today I committed to working through Wednesday night, likely all night, to accomplish a pressing task. As it turns out, we’ve found another way to accomplish this task, and I will not have to work through Wednesday night. But, in the end, as an entrepreneur, you simply do whatever it takes. Which, I suppose, is no different than anyone else in any other job or career. You do whatever it takes to get your job done.

Well, now it’s time for some sleep. Long day tomorrow.

No comments: