Thursday, December 06, 2007

Great Shareholder Team

I’ve had a couple of highly productive days since my last blog entry. Which I see as very positive, given my current value system.

I’m off to my eldest son’s school shortly for a brief parent-teacher meeting. It will be nice to get a more complete picture of what is happening in the class room, both in general, and with my son. Report cards are helpful, but I find I learn much more in a brief chat with a teacher.

And tomorrow morning I sit down with our shareholders. As part of running Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo, I make myself available for two hours, every quarter, to answer any questions that our shareholders may have.

In reality, of course, our shareholders can contact me at any time, and I often call them to discuss various matters, to seek assistance, etc. I believe strong, open lines of communication are best. There shouldn’t be any surprises, neither good nor bad.

I’m very happy with the group of shareholders we’ve assembled. There all very intelligent, successful, and articulate. They’re team players, more than willing to work together for the common good. Basically, they’re good natured people who are quite happy to roll their sleeves up and pitch in whenever needed.

Of course, at the same time, our shareholders expect results and they expect the value of their holdings to grow. That’s my job. And I’m going to get back to it.

No comments: