Sunday, December 16, 2007

The End of One Week Brings the Beginning of Another

It’s been a full weekend! And soon time for bed, to get up tomorrow and start another week!

I’m very pleased with the progress we made this past week. It’s always nice, at the end of a week, to look back and be satisfied. Of course, those of you that know me also know that I secretly wish we could have accomplished much, much more! But, realistically, Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo moved much closer to our Grand Opening this past week! We’re getting there.

Friday evening I met with our banker, had discussions with a few folks at Parmasters HQ and also did quite a bit of Christmas shopping. With Parmasters HQ located on the west coast – Vancouver, BC – there tend to be a few discussions well into our evening, Eastern Time. I also had a wonderful chat with a dear friend who was quite excited about a new purchase. Christmas came early!

I worked most of Saturday, as I tend to do, but did break in the middle of the day to attend a Christmas lunch with the board of Spectradigital Corporation. It was a working lunch, but always nice to break bread with friends. Spectradigital is making great progress, but could also move faster. Time to money, time to market, speed in general, is always so critical.

Saturday afternoon I was back in the office working before heading off to a hockey game with my eldest son. It was my first time witnessing him scoring a goal in a game! I missed his first goal, earlier this season. He was one happy hockey player after the game! After supper we watched the Buds – aka the Toronto Maple Leafs – lose in convincing fashion.

And today, we here in southern Ontario awoke to a nice fresh blanket of snow. It seemed to be about a foot thick in my driveway. So, after breakfast I spent a few minutes moving said white stuff off the driveway and walks. Then after some housework and laundry it was back to the office. I took a brief break at supper time, did a little more shoveling, made some calls, and here we are again, in the office.

And now, it’s time to relax for a few minutes, before sleep. If we can make as much progress next week, as we did this past week, I shall be quite pleased.

No comments: