Saturday, December 01, 2007

City of Kitchener Environment-focused Workshop

I'm sitting at another hockey practice, this one at the Doon campus of Conestoga College. I've been trying to teach my son the importance of and proper use of speed. He seems to be gaining some understanding. He's out there experimenting and learning, which is wonderful.

This morning I attended a environment-focused workshop hosted by the City of Kitchener. I learned a lot. I find that new and varied experiences tend to stimulate new and varied ideas. In this case, I started thinking about our role as business owners.

As we open and operate multiple Parmasters golf training centers throughout southern Ontario over the next seven years, it seems we have both an opportunity and an obligation to be environmentally aware and responsible. But of course, at the same time, we must ensure the business thrives at the same time.

And isn't that interesting. Even as I typed that previous paragraph, it occurs to me that I did so under an assumption. The assumption was, "it can be expensive and draining for a company to operate in an environmentally responsible manner."

Is that assumption true?
Do others operate under the same unchallenged belief?

More to ponder, as the practice continues...

No comments: