Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mini-vacation

I visited Market Square, our future location, this afternoon, to take some measurements. We’re working on some rough drawings and floor plans. Our architect/designer will finalize the layout, but it’s helpful for us to develop a rough idea.

I took a little mini-vacation Friday through Monday. No work. It was very strange. Friday and Monday were very enjoyable. I just did exactly what I wanted to do, morning through night. Both days were wonderful! Saturday and Sunday I stayed around home and relaxed, or attempted to relax, as much as possible. Of course, upon my return on Tuesday there was plenty to do.

And somehow, over the course of this mini-vacation, I came down with a head cold. I’ve mentioned this to a few people and each of them has said that’s always the way; you slow down for a few days and a cold catches you! Interesting theory.

I have some writing to do this week, which is something I don’t really enjoy. That probably sounds strange, as you read this on my blog. Why does a non-writer blog? I guess it’s just the type of writing. I enjoy writing for my blog, as I am doing right this second, but do not enjoy other, more arduous and detailed writing. But, of course, it’s necessary.

Well, for now, back to my backlog of work.

No comments: