Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Full Of Life

I’ve been a very bad blogger of late. Hardly a blogger at all really. And this just a month or so removed from my Absentee Blogger post.

Part of the problem, as alluded to in another recent post, is that I can’t really blog much about our golf training center right now. The things I’m working on don’t allow for much public disclosure. And since the center is my passion, and what I love to blog about, when I can’t write about it, there’s a tendency to write less.

I look forward to a time when my day-to-day tasks can be more public and appropriate for publication via this blog and other avenues.

I ran 10 kms (10K) late Saturday afternoon. I’ve been getting back into running over the last few years and recently started running in a few organized/charity 5Ks. On Saturday, I had planned to run 5K. But before my run, I started considering whether I should do the route twice, and do 10K for the first time in a very long time.

At about the 4.5 km mark, where I had to decide whether to head back home or continue, I decided to continue. I felt good. Somewhere close to the 6.5 km mark I started to lose my form. My legs tired and I started getting a little sloppy. After another 2 km my legs were starting to get sore, partly from the extra exertion, and partly due to my poor form. I corrected as best I could, and finished fairly strong.

I’m glad I did it and will likely do so again. Setting the challenge and then meeting it, was enjoyable.

And lastly, I play a little pick-up hockey late Tuesday afternoons. This evening I had a very delightful opportunity to talk a little hockey with an exceptional young man. He was just a real joy to be with. Very polite and full of life. A strong skater and solid on the puck too. He definitely stands out both on and off the ice. As you can tell, he made quite a lasting impression. I’m hoping, someday, for at least a little while, he’ll work in one of our golf training centers. His future is very bright and he’ll succeed at whatever he tackles in life. I walked away feeling richer for having met him, and also inspired to be just a little more “full of life”, like him.

No comments: