Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hockey Practice

I'm standing in the lobby of the arena and curling club in beautiful Wellesley, Ontario. I had my eldest son up at 5:30am for his 7:00am hockey practice. He's zipping around the face-off circles, forwards and backwards, while controlling a puck, as I type. It's a great drill that I did countless times myself some 25-35 years ago! Ouch!

Actually, to be fair, I didn't have to wake him. He had set his alarm and was just starting his breakfast at 5:20am, when I arrived in the kitchen. Impressive!

It will be another busy day in the office after this practice. It's just a busy period. We have a lot to do between now and January, to stay on schedule for a late spring or early summer opening. I'll blog more on specific schedules - and perhaps a press release - in the near future.

And later today I hope to enjoy, along with millions of others, the 95th contesting of three-down football supremacy. I suspect Saslatchewan fans will be celebrating later tonight.

No comments: