Monday, June 11, 2007

Shareholder Meetings

I didn’t find the fairway on the first hole Sunday morning, as mentioned and hoped for in my previous post. I was in the first cut of rough, about 120 yards out, with wedge in my hands.

However, I did get over the shanks. I practiced late Saturday and hit the ball quite well. So all was well with my approach on number 1.

I didn’t get as much done as hoped on the weekend. I simply wasn’t very productive. I’ve learned over the years to quickly recognize my peak versus non-peak performance periods. This past weekend was mostly non-peak. When that’s the case, I sometimes just plow through the work using various tricks. Other times I’ll adjust my focus and work on tasks that I tend to enjoy a little more. That way, even though I’m maybe not making a lot of progress on my top priority tasks, at least I’m getting something useful accomplished.

We welcomed another shareholder to the company today. That’s always a pleasure. I’m really pleased with the individuals we have involved thus far. I’m certain they’re all “team players” that will bring a lot to the table as our decisions become increasingly complex. I will look to our shareholder team for experience, insight and advice. But they know, and I know, the decisions must rest with me.

I’ll be meeting with some of our shareholders over the coming week. I need their insight and their assistance. I’m sure the meetings will be fruitful. Hopefully they can move a few tasks along while I’m in Mexico the week of June 18 (Franchise Owners’ Conference).

No comments: