Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Life As An Entrepreneur

Today was highly productive. Or, I suppose, to be more accurate, I was highly productive today. This is a “good thing”, as Martha Stewart is famous for saying.

I love being an entrepreneur. I love the challenge of building a business, creating something from nothing. I also take the responsibility very seriously. I have shareholders and other stakeholders. There are a lot of people involved, already. And the list is only going to grow.

In addition to the challenge, each day is simply very unique. No two days are the same. I use various systems to ensure that I’m always – or almost always – working on the most important / pressing / high-leverage task for any given moment. The various tasks are so, well, varied, that each day is quite unique. This contributes to my enjoyment, I’m sure.

All of this said, life as an entrepreneur will be far more enjoyable, and exciting, when we finally open the doors to Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo! We’ll open this coming winter.

For now, it’s off to do some reading. Tomorrow will begin with breakfast and an early workout.

No comments: