Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back From The Franchise Owners' Conference

It’s been a long time and no blogging. I have a fairly air-tight excuse for the past week or more, but must merely point to an overloaded schedule for the period from June 11, my last post, to June 17.

I recently attended Parmasters’ annual Franchise Owners’ Conference in sunny Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I was there from June 18 through June 24. There were about 40 of us, including a few franchisor staff, many franchise owners and many regional franchise owners, and also a few spouses.

The resort, the Riu Palace, was wonderful. It’s beautiful, spacious and quite modern, with lots of amenities. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The pools and fitness areas looked very inviting, but I barely visited.

Our days were quite full. Most of us arrived throughout the day on the Monday. Tuesday through Thursday were full days, starting at 6:45am and finishing up around 9:00pm. Friday was a free day, so I golfed with a few others. Saturday we started with a meeting at 7:30am and then spent the afternoon on the links, followed by an evening white-tie event. And Sunday, of course, most of us flew back home. I made it home around 1:00am Monday.

The Conference was very well run. Lots of great presentations, education, announcements, working sessions, break out sessions and networking opportunities. Parmasters is a young franchise system. The numbers are not huge. But in a few years, the numbers will grow substantially. It’s nice to be in at this stage, and building great relationships with my peers.

I’ll blog more about the Conference in the coming days.

No comments: