Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sales Training And An Amazing Golf Resume

I recently met Tony Badea over breakfast. Through his company, Stonebridge & Pippin, Tony provides robust, all-encompassing sales training AND he uses golf as a metaphor for the sales process. We didn’t get into a lot of details over a quick breakfast, but initial prospecting, cold calling, etc., is akin to teeing up the ball. Closing the deal equals putting out.

I have a copy of his book, Driving Fore Sales Success: A Sales Training System, but have not yet read it. (My stack of books-to-read tends to balloon with Christmas gifts!) When I do read it, I’ll post a review.

I’m also going to invite Tony to write a post for this blog. He’ll clearly do the topic much more justice than me.

Tony would obviously prefer to host his seminars in a golfing venue. We think this would be a perfect fit for Parmasters Waterloo Region, and a strong compliment to our Business Golf Seminar series (keys to hosting successful business meetings within a golfing environment). More discussions will follow.

I’ve also just sent out our latest bi-weekly update. I assemble an email update bi-weekly to keep our many supporters and stakeholders informed.

In creating the update, I researched Scott Hazledine’s golfing resume. Scott is Chief Golf Professional and Co-Founder at Parmasters Golf Training Centers. He was a touring pro for many years. He also developed the golf training system that Parmasters offers, Straight-Line Golf ™.

Via Straight-Line Golf, we guarantee that we’ll reduce your handicap by 25%. If you do not achieve a 25% reduction in your handicap, you can either have your money back, or we’ll work with you until you achieve the 25% reduction. Your choice.

Upon reviewing Scott’s resume, it’s clear that Straight-Line Golf helps him hit the ball VERY straight. He holds 22 course records. He’s recorded 19 holes-in-one and 8 double-eagles … so far!

No comments: