Friday, January 12, 2007

Good Progress Today

Early start today, preceded by a late night. I remained fairly effective today, but I suspect caffeine played a role.

I worked well into the evening last night, and then enjoyed some pure pleasure reading in bed. I’ve just started a Welcome Home by Stuart McLean. I enjoy his Vinyl Café radio programs. The book was a Christmas gift, from 2005! I feel guilty that it’s taken so long to get to it, and hope my in-laws aren’t reading this blog! I’ve simply been engrossed by business and productivity books of late.

This morning was a 5:30am rise to deliver my eldest son to his 7:00am school hockey game. We’ll be heading back to the same arena later this evening for a hockey practice. A second home.

Lots of good progress today – largely due to the caffeine intake – on both finding a location for our business, and building a team of investors.

I’ve also resolved – not really aligned with New Year’s – to dedicate 15-30 minutes weekly to speaking to another franchise owner within the Parmasters system. This afternoon I covered an array of topics with Matt Jeffrey of Halifax. Time well spent.

For now, I’ll leave you with this momentous thought:
“If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is.” -Horace G. Hutchinson

No comments: