Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Parmasters’s First Virtual Franchise Owners Conference

It seems autumn hath arrived in southern Ontario. Whilst this season does offer challenges, adjustments and, in some cases, rude awakenings, it remains one of my favourites. All that’s happening around us at the moment, as much of nature transitions from life and growth to preparation for slumber and dormancy, continually dazzles as a great spectacle of this world.

Once again it’s been a busy period for Parmasters KW and Parmasters Golf Training Centers (our franchisor) as well. We’re in the midst of our first virtual franchise owners conference. We had all considered gathering in Memphis, TN, USA this week, just as we gathered in Las Vegas, NV, USA earlier this year, but schedules did not allow for the travel and the time away from other commitments. These conferences involve colleagues from three continents and several countries.

So, instead, we’re all gathering virtually for several hours of meetings daily. Technologies such as Webex, conference calling, Skype, MSN and the like have helped these meetings run surprisingly smoothly, devoid of but a few technical challenges.

Today we take a much-needed break from the conference, but that simply means a relatively full day of local Parmasters KW meetings. Happily I’ll also be enjoying a nice evening out on the town later.

I have a few different outstanding Parmasters KW items that require my attention. I’ve also been working with a Montreal firm that requires some of my time in the next day or two.

Last night I did some wood working with my youngest son. He’s developed an idea for a rather unique Halloween costume, and so we puttered about in the garage last night designing, cutting, shaping and sanding.

As mentioned last week, my eldest son suffered a couple of minor injuries in his team’s season opener. The finger is healing well, but his hip remains a nagging injury. Apparently he can barely jog, and running full out is simply out of the question at the moment, much to the chagrin of his coach who wants to continue to employ him on both sides of the ball. We were hoping he would play this week, as the opponent is a top-rated team.

For now, I’ll leave with a quote. A lady with whom I went to high school included this on her Facebook page last week, with no attribution. I’m not sure if it’s hers, originally, or not.

“Yesterday I was less. Tomorrow I will be more. Today I will be all that I can BE. Enjoy LIFE!!!”

No comments: