Monday, October 19, 2009

The Match by Mark Frost Promises a Great Tale

I started this blog entry earlier this morning but had to leave the office for a breakfast meeting. I met with the principal and a director of a very unique, young company that aspires to compete amongst industry giants. What a fantastic and enviable challenge! We’ll see how this plays out over the next 5-20 years.

Last night I was perusing some golf magazines that have piled up, including Golf Canada – published by our very own Royal Canadian Golf Association – from June of this year. On page 32 I stumbled across a brief review of a book titled The Match. The book was written by Mark Frost, and the review was written by James McCarten.

The Match apparently focuses on “a little-known Cypress Point money tilt – fairway titans Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson [(two towering Texan golf giants)] versus amateur sensations Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward!” It sounds like a fascinating and entertaining read!

You can find the review online here. I’ve also included two images below that show McCarten’s entire review from the Golf Canada website.





On this past Thanksgiving weekend I took my Mother out for a lengthy Sunday afternoon drive – it was a cloudy but remarkable day – to wander until we were lost and view the changing leaf colours. The images below were taken during this jaunt.

















No comments: