Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Full of Productive Meetings

We awoke here in KW this morning to a thunderstorm and a nice rain. The rain will help some plants I’ve been nursing along, and the storm simply provided some enjoyable sounds. Hopefully no damage was done by lightning or wind.

I’m just coming off a very busy weekend, full of meetings and children’s activities. The meetings occurred both within and outside of the region, and all were very productive. The activities with my boys were, of course, most memorable and enjoyable.

I’m blessed with two young lads that impress me and make me increasingly proud each and every day. They’re not perfect, by any means. None of us can claim that distinction. But they make good decisions, they’re kind and thoughtful, and they know how to embrace the fun in life.

Ice hockey season has officially started in my household which of course means an adjustment to the normal routine and schedules. My eldest has also started his high school football season, which I look forward to watching, pacing up and down the sidelines.

We’ve made some good progress with Parmasters KW over the past couple of weeks. Capital remains the primary focus, and indeed the focus of many meetings of late. We know where we’re going, and we know that Parmasters KW will begin construction and open for business as soon as humanly possible.

We’ve also had a few other developments which I’ll elaborate on another time, later this week.

For now, I’ll share a quote, new to me, that happily came my way this week.

“Everything can be taken from a person but one thing: to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances --- to choose one's way." -Viktor Frankel, concentration camp survivor

No comments: