Friday, September 25, 2009

A Very Connected World

I’ve been flying a little under the radar this week, largely on a self-imposed quarantine. I’ve been fighting a cold. It hit quite seriously on Sunday and only abated yesterday.

One of the great aspects of this connected world in which we live – even though I and many others would argue that it’s ALWAYS been a very connected world – is the ability to work from just about anywhere. Well, at least in my line of work anyway. So it’s also been a fairly productive week.

And in the interests of some rest to recover, I’ve been devouring Eckhart Tolle’s book, A New Earth. Almost done, and more to come on that another day.

Of course, I had to cancel quite a few meetings this week. I did attend one on Tuesday afternoon, but that was a mistake, and lead to a significant relapse in the cold.

For now I’m off to Hamilton and Oakville for some meetings. I’ll part with one of my favourite quotes.

“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” -Joseph Campbell
... because we’ve always lived in a very connected world!

No comments: