Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Read The Conference of the Birds

I’m in the middle of another busy day, but have a few moments for a quick blog entry. I’ve met with three Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo shareholders so far today, including a breakfast meeting. These are just informal updates with relatively active shareholders.

Here in southern Ontario we enjoyed some fantastic weather this past weekend, the last long weekend of the summer. I was lucky enough to spend most of it outside, including a bunch of lawn work, pool maintenance, tossing a football with my children and also, of course, some golf. The weekend was jam packed with lots of progress and enjoyment!

I read a book over the weekend called Conference of the Birds. I thought it was an interesting title. And to be honest, I don’t recall when or where I purchased it. The copy I have is new. (Many of my books come from used book stores and sales.) I think perhaps I picked it up in a little town around KW sometime last summer, but I can’t say for sure.

I won’t try to provide a review here, beyond stating that it’s an English translation of a 12th century poem by Persian poet Farid ud-Din Attar, and it’s really about the journey of life, from individual, to becoming one with God.

You can find the Wikipedia entry here. The book also exists on Google Books here. I read the abridged version found here.

I also received a nice blog comment from a lady named Susan:

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Thank you Susan. That’s very kind. I’m glad you enjoy.

No comments: