Monday, April 20, 2009

Brief Weekend in KW

Clearly I didn't get a chance to blog while away last week. The conference in Las Vegas was very hectic, and the weather was cool.

Parmasters Golf Training Centers Inc., our franchisor, made several fantastic and exciting announcements during the conference. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to share any of the details at this time. Suffice it to say that this company is really going places! And that bodes very well for our local Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo!

Conference attendees also roled up their/our sleeves and did a lot of work. Parmasters is a young franchise with lots of opportunities. We worked on strategies to leverage many of those opportunities, and to build an incredible experience for every Parmasters member and patron globally!

The flights back got a little interesting in the Denver area on Friday evening. We had lots of turbulence and rain as we descended into Denver. During our two-hour layover the rain became heavy snow. After a lengthy de-icing, our connector flight to Chicago eventually took to the air.

I've heard since that parts of the Denver area enjoyed upwards of a metre of snow Friday evening and Saturday morning. We were lucky to get in and out on schedule!

Saturday and Sunday were spent in KW. I coached my first ever game of ball hockey (as head coach) Saturday evening. I missed the team's first game Friday evening, but we escaped the weekend with two wins! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season! It's a pleasure to work with a fine group of young teenage men.

The rest of the weekend was mostly dedicated to unpacking, laundry, groceries, re-packing, and lots of work. I also celebrated my younger son's 12th birthday on Sunday.

As I type I'm in Calgary, for a brief layover, on my way to Vancouver for another week of meetings. I'll fly back Friday.

I've promised a few exciting announcements related to Parmasters KW. Those will come next week!

For now, I'll sign off and find some supper.

No comments: