Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vancouver, BC

Trivia: "What was the original name of the USGA [(United States Golf Association)] when it was founded in 1894?" Answer below.

I'm emailing this blog entry via my Blackberry. Blogging on the run!

I'm in Vancouver, BC today. The Westjet flights out of our local Waterloo-Wellington airport, and through Calgary, were very convenient. We're very lucky, and a large debt of gratitude to the community leaders, people of vision, that have brought Westjet, Northwest, and other flight options to our small community! Thank you!

I'm here for a full day of meetings that will run well into the evening. Since I don't do this often, I do find it a challenge to keep my energy up. I landed at 2:00am Eastern and was in bed by 3:00am Eastern. This after a short four hour night's sleep Monday night, and a 6:30am Eastern rise Tuesday morning. If I eat healthy I should be able to sleep well tonight and have the sufficient energy to be productive during the flights back to Ontario on Thursday.

Tuesday was highly productive on many fronts. We continue to make great progress towards the grand opening of Parmasters KW this coming summer. We're frustrated, as always, that the journey has taken so long, but also energized and enthused now that we're so close!

Every day, at our Temporary Event Center (TEC) at Market Square, we receive a few calls from "future members" interested in booking a tee time in one of our simulators, or practicing in our short game area, or seeking some club repair, or a meeting room, and the list goes on. It's always disheartening to tell them that we're not yet open. The sadness they express comes through the line, and echoes the frustration we feel. But, once again, we're almost there!

For now, I'm off to the first meeting.

And the answer: "The Amateur Golf Association of the United States"

No comments: