Monday, January 19, 2009

Temporary Event Center Hours

Trivia: “What was Rule No. 1 in the first written golfers’ code? A) You must play with three partners. B) You must play the ball as it lies. C) You must act honourably. D) You must tee your ball within a club’s length of the hole.” Answer below.

I worked at our Temporary Event Center (TEC) at Market Square on Saturday. Yesterday I popped in there as well, along with my two boys. We tidied up a few things watched a movie while doing so. We didn’t have any visitors. I was hoping one particular individual might stop by, but that didn’t work out.

As mentioned on Saturday, I’ll generally work here, in the TEC, most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I’ll likely also be here on many Saturdays. This structure is meant to help our members and future members contact us, while also affording time for offsite meetings and other tasks involved in building our golf training center. Specific hours are posted weekly on our front door.

Sunday morning I went for a short run, and then shovelled the snow from my driveway when I returned back home. I kept the run short as I’ve been battling some right knee pain. It started in the summer and then hit me at two charity/competitive runs, one in Oakville and the other in Waterloo, this past fall. Sunday morning I treated it with some Rub A535 and a knee brace. This helped, but clearly didn’t solve the problem.

Back to the action...

And the answer: “D) You must tee your ball within a club’s length of the hole.” [This one definitely confuses me. I suspect the implication was that you must tee your ball within a club’s length of the PREVIOUS/JUST COMPLETED hole, while playing the next hole. Any other suggestions or clarifications would be greatly appreciated.]

No comments: