Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Strong Trees

I’ve had two quotes, both previously mentioned within this blog, rolling around in my mind lately.

"Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees." -unknown

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." -John Quincy Adams

I love what I do. I love this business, and the task of building this business, Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo. There are times when that strong wind seems to be at my back, and others when it seems to be coming right at me (like during a very long, steep uphill portion of my run this past Sunday morning, when the wind was quite definitely coming right at me).

But, of course, the combination of the wind and the incline helped me get more out of my run. And I ultimately turned in one of my best times for 5k.

I will build a strong business. I won’t have it any other way.

As for the second quote, for me, it speaks to momentum. As long as progress is made each and every day, as long as you never quit, you will achieve.

It’s simply the Law of Inertia. I mentioned this back in the very early days of this blog, here.

No comments: