Friday, July 27, 2007

Technology Challenges or Opportunities

It’s time to change gears. We now have the bulk of our capital lined up. (Is that a dangling participle? I can never remember. My Grade 9 high school English teacher, Mrs. Ballard, God bless her soul, may not be happy if she notices!)

I’ve spent the bulk of my time to date securing capital. It’s now finally time to start the marketing training provided by the franchisor, and then move on to marketing and selling memberships, and soon construction.

I can’t wait. Many people have asked about purchasing a membership – friends and new acquaintances (future friends). I really look forward to creating our little golfing community/club and watching new friendships and camaraderie develop.

I’ve faced more than my fair share of technology issues of late. For most of the week now I’ve been receiving two copies of all emails on Blackberry. I have a few different email accounts and the problem is only affecting the one account. I still have not solved it.

It’s rather ironic. For many of the emails I receive, I don’t even want the original, let alone a copy!

Also, on Wednesday, I learned that my computer headset is no longer working. I had installed some software related to a digital voice recorder I’ve been using. Said installation basically obliterated all of the audio drivers for my Logitech USB headset. I’m told there’s no way to fix it. We in the Parmasters world use Internet-based/online meeting rooms for many of our meetings.

I lamented some of my technology misfortune to Andrew Winston, Parmasters’ Vice President of Franchise Training. He wrote back and reminded me of many of the principles in The Secret, without ever really mentioning The Secret. I’d love to quote him here, but don’t have his permission. Perhaps in my next post.

And lastly, before I head out to a day of meetings, we must all applaud Mr. Hunter Mahan for his performance at our “Open Championship” yesterday. I’ve witnessed many a hole-out, but never two in a round. Great to see! It’s also nice to see young Canadian David Hearn fairing well on opening day.

Have a look at Mahan’s score card. You won’t see many like it!

No comments: