Monday, July 23, 2007

Quiet Weekend Not Car-nastie

It was nice to see Padraig Harrington win The Open Championship on Sunday. It was equally sad to see young Spaniard Sergio Garcia lose the same Open. Carnoustie played as Car-nicetie this time round, rather than the fabled Car-nastie of old. But then, as many analysts have since pointed out, Mother Nature was unusually benign. A little wind, a little cooler and this year’s Open would have been completely different.

I had a fairly quiet weekend. I worked Saturday morning but then attended a folk music festival in London in the afternoon. The music was wonderful but I was quite distracted with many other things on my mind.

I also relaxed in front of the television a fair bit this weekend. Very unusual for me. I’ll watch a few sports now and then, but rarely sit for extended periods of time and watch a movie or show. I think the tally came to three movies this past weekend, along with part of a fourth. They included, and I may get the titles incorrect, A Few Good Men, The Jackal, White Lightning and Little Man (chosen by my young, but not-so-little men).

I’m about to leave for the airport to pick up the Tom Matzen, Parmasters HQ President and CEO. We have a full day of investor candidate and shareholder meetings tomorrow. Looking forward to some good discussion and challenging questions. Tom was a co-founder of Parmasters, so I always learn a lot when with him.

No comments: