Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Brad Matthews Leaving Whistle Bear

Brad Matthews has reportedly resigned from the Whistle Bear Golf Club. Golf Scene reported this news in their periodic electronic newsletter, specifically in From the Publisher section by Norm Woods. You can find the Golf Scene article here, and also the Matthews snippet below.

The Golf News Now electronic newsletter also reported on the Matthews departure (available here) and included the following quotes from Matthews.

“I have loved working here at Whistle Bear and I’m certainly proud of the accomplishments of the entire club since opening in 2001,” said Matthews.

“Working with the owners, talented staff and the members has made this facility what it is today. I was searching for a new challenge and I’m really looking forward to the next stage in my career, as well as spending a lot of time with my family,” he added.

Lastly, I must share this photograph. (Thank you Rose!) It’s titled Sunset at the North Pole and was apparently taken during the week of May 11, 2009. A friend shared this with me; I believe it’s making the rounds via email. Our universe most certainly includes some humbling and awe inspiring sights. We must simply slow down and see them. Enjoy!



From Golf Scene:

And another note from Brad Matthews, long-time area golf professional and most recently the Director of Golf at Whistle Bear Golf Club in Cambridge. Brad has decided to leave the golf business and move into the financial services field. Brad will be missed by everyone. He was a great promoter of the game and has had a highly successful golf career. Good luck in your new venture Brad and thanks for all you have done for the game of golf in the area.

No comments: