Thursday, June 12, 2008

Refocusing On Our Goals

I’ve been through an interesting exercise these past several days. I dedicated most of the weekend to refocusing on my personal and business goals. This journey included time re-establishing and reaffirming my goals, as well as ensuring I was dedicating time in my day toward reaching and attaining my goals.

This process eventually lead to an adjustment of the way I note and track the tasks that I must complete, and the way I determine priorities.

I converted a while back, as per this blog entry, to a time management system advocated by David Allen in Getting Things Done. Well, in fairness, as I believe many of us do, I took many bits and pieces of Allen’s suggested system, but did not adopt his process in its absolute entirety.

Allen’s system included the concept of Urgency and Importance. I’ve blogged about the use of Urgency and Importance in determining priorities here.

At any rate, I’ve now re-affirmed my personal definitions of Urgency and Importance, and will ensure I use these definitions whenever I categorize a task. Each particular task may be Urgent and/or Important. As noted above, I have blogged before about where one’s time should be spent.

This refocusing journey is not quite complete, but I’m almost there. Parmasters KW is poised for great things, and we shall achieve those great things a little faster, through focus, intentionality and determination!

No comments: