Monday, June 16, 2008

A Dad’s Faith

Another Father’s Day has come and gone. Dads have received due, their day of recognition and appreciation. Now they’re back to doing what they do best, being dads.

So, as the leftover cake is consumed, and Dads thank their children again for their thoughtful gifts, here’s a poem that resonates.


A Dad’s Faith

Out of all the dads that God picked through,
I thank Him every day that He picked you.
You are always there to lend a hand,
to pick me up when I could not stand.
To guide me and love me and to show me the way,
I love you dad each and every day.
You always know when something is not quite right,
and you always find a way to fix it before the day turns to night.
Thank you dad for believing and having a strong faith in God,
and for allowing Him to show you the child He had so carefully picked out for you to raise.
I would not be the [man] I am today,
without the faith that God had sent your way.
© Kimberly C. Arbogast

No comments: