Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Causes

I've been thinking a little lately about the causes we will support.

Our franchisor supports Right To Play (I'd provide a link but I'm blogging via my Blackberry.). For every golf lesson we provide, one dollar goes to Right To Play. They use sport and play in worn torn areas of the world to help children cope, to give them hope and to build bridges in regions where walls are more common.

Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo will offer an amazing, open and inviting space. We will also have access to media, various golf-themed events and a large, thoughtful membership. We have a lot to offer, and a lot of reasons to give back to our full capability.

My eldest son lives with ... no, he thrives with Celiac Disease. That means he must ensure he doesn't eat wheat, rye, oats or barley. If he ingests as much as speck of flour he may become violently ill. I'll blog more about Celiac in the future. For this entry, suffice it to say that Celiac Disease is a cause I'd like to see us support.

Other loved ones and friends live and thrive with other challenges. There are many causes very near and dear to my heart.

I realize, of course, that we must prioritize and focus. We can't solve all the world's problems. If we try to do too much, we won't do much at all! And our primary focus must always be serving our members and other clients, and thus delivering an exceptional return to our shareholders.

We'll approach this in a very thoughtful and strategic manner. We simply want to ensure we maximize our positive impact both locally and globally.

No comments: