Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sunday 5km Race and Trivia

The run on Sunday went well. My results weren’t very impressive, but I did enjoy it. You can find our results here.

I’m going starting a new blog tradition. Or maybe it should be termed a “habit”. I’m not sure. Regardless, a wonderful friend gave me a book titled “The Ultimate PGA Tour Book of Trivia”. It’s brimming with interesting trivia, in the form of questions and answers. Most blog entries will now include one such question and answer. (I will add a permanent citation to my main blog page shortly.) Here we go.

“Many early sports, such as 15th century “Kolven” of Holland and “Chole” of Belgium, greatly resembled the game of golf. But what intrinsic part of the game was missing, keeping them from being considered early forms of the sport? A) A finishing point B) Clubs C) The ball D) The hole” Answer below.

The rest of the weekend is just a blur. Lots of work accomplished, children going here there and everywhere to activities, friends coming over, etc. And of course I caught as much of the Ryder Cup matches as I could. The golf was fantastic, as expected.

Yesterday we took delivery of a few banners from Mizuno. We sell custom-fitted Mizuno golf clubs. No other brands, and only custom-fitted. The banners will allow us to pretty-up our Temporary Event Center...

... Where we’ll be hosting another Preview Event this evening.

Yesterday we also welcomed back our first team member. Mike will focus on sending periodic newsletters to our members and future members, as well as partnering up with local golf courses.

The answer: “D) The hole. Both games, and many other similar ones, saw players hit balls around the landscape, but none involved dropping the ball below ground.”

No comments: