Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy Weekend

I'm blogging from my son's archery lesson. They're just covering the basics during this first lesson. This is his second time taking archery lessons, so it's mostly review. I just hope they don't start shooting in this direction. So if this entry ends abruptly...

It's going to be a busy weekend. I had a great workout last night, but also discovered, as I lifted a few weights in my basement, that my dishwasher has sprung a leak. Happily I brought my tool box home yesterday. It had been at our Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo Temporary Event Center. I'll work on the dishwasher later today.

Hockey starts this weekend - early Sunday afternoon - for my other son. So we'll be getting skates sharpened on the way home from this lesson.

And the future archery expert has a sleep-over birthday party tonight. I'll retrieve him Sunday around noon.

Sunday morning I'll be competing in a 5 km charity run along with a close friend. I think maybe my blog entry a week or two ago prompted her to suggest this run. I'm really looking forward to it. I'd like us to do a lot more of these, and also work our way up to 10 km events. Early to bed tonight!

And of course, the Ryder Cup matches are on this weekend! The Golf Channel is providing unbelievable coverage. It's amazing how they come up with different angles and sidebar stories to explore. As a Canadian there's maybe not a lot of drama, as we aren't part of the matches. But the golf tends to be very, very good. And the team dynamics and strategies are something seen rarely in golf. Fun to watch!

And lastly, but very importantly, I have all kinds of work to do this weekend. Chris, one of our team members, has just completed another Preview Event. Since virtually everyone that attends sees the incredible value and purchases a membership, I assume we have welcomed a few more members to Parmasters Kitchener-Waterloo. Welcome!

Time now to watch some archery, and to flip through a book given me by my 5 km run mate, "The Ultimate PGA Tour Book of Trivia". Many excerpts will make their way into this blog in the future.

No comments: