Monday, March 17, 2008

Curve Balls

It’s been a busy whirlwind of a weekend, and clearly at close to 2:00am on Monday morning, my weekend is not quite over yet. My boys and I visited my Mom in my home town Saturday night and Sunday morning. My eldest had a hockey game here in Kitchener late Saturday afternoon – and scored a goal – so we drove up to my hometown after that.

As it turns out, we would have been better off staying put in Kitchener. I had some plans for Sunday afternoon that fell through and, as it turns out, they should have been completed Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning at the latest. I was hoping Sunday evening could have worked, as a backup, but that apparently wasn’t in the cards.

As a former competitive curler, it’s been fun watching a bit of the Brier this past week. Alberta defeated Ontario in the final today. I recorded it early this evening and watched it late this evening. Having played many of the participants in the past, it was fun to watch them in action this week. Of course, they were much better than me back then, when I played competitively, and are certainly even more dominant today. That’s great to see.

Not only did plans for Sunday afternoon fall through, but most of Monday has been wiped out also. I’ll have to re-work my entire schedule. I was really looking forward to some Monday morning appointments, but they’ve now been scratched. Life is full of curve balls.

No comments: