Monday, September 10, 2007

My First 5K

I ran in my first 5 km road race over the weekend. I’d never experienced such an event, so it was all new to me.

I had a fantastic time! Everything about the entire day was just perfect, from start to finish. And the start was very early! I wouldn’t have changed a thing. The event was really well organized and I thoroughly enjoyed the run. I can’t wait to do it again!

The rest of the weekend was spent in the office, working away. Lots to do, as always.

We’re now well into a provincial election campaign here in Ontario. I tend to follow current events fairly closely, but must admit that I get tired of reading the daily litany of promises and pledges that fills the newspaper each day during a campaign. I am hoping to do better during this campaign, and ensure my vote is suitably informed.

I wonder if the politicians will enjoy their race as much as I enjoyed the 5K. For their sake, I hope so.

No comments: