Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Audit

It’s been a long day. And there’s still lots to do.

We’re in the middle of our first audit. I’ve spent a large part of the evening assembling files, papers, etc. Everything is well organized, so it didn’t take as long as it could have.

However, I’m sure through this audit process I’ll learn that certain items could be filed differently. There will be small changes to my systems to make the next audit easier.

We continue discussions with various leasing companies regarding our equipment needs. All signs suggest that we’re getting close to an agreement. Our suppliers have been very helpful, providing all of the information required by the leasing companies.

We closed our pool over the weekend. My boys have grown substantially over the summer – must have been all the rain and sun – and thus have become far more capable with various tasks around the house. It was nice working with them to close the pool. We also visited a local golf practice area and worked on their games.

I’ve been doing a lot of driving lately; visiting shareholders to have them sign a document. That occupied most of this morning. Only three more signatures to go now! Unfortunately, two of those shareholders are several hours away. Not sure when I’ll make that trek. Perhaps Canada Post will be faster and easier.

Well, back at it. Just one more task for tonight, and then a walk to clear my head. Early start tomorrow.

No comments: